Last weekend I was invited to the big reveal of this years autumn winter trends at Derby Intu, as part of this campaign they held a competition to be the face of this years trends where 10 people were picked to model an outfit. They got to take part in a photo shoot where they were styled and made over and photographed, the final images were selected and one by one revealed at this event.
Firstly we were treated to brunch at the newly opened Carluccio’s in the food court on level 2. Where I met 3 other bloggers and enjoyed eggs and bacon on toast.
After were taken to the red carpet that had been set up for the big reveal and talked through some trends by the stylists and shown some pieces from around the shops at Intu Derby that reflect these trends, which was really insightful and ultimately made me want to hit the shops, the big trends to look out for this season are as follows –
For Women –
- Space age – think metallic, sequins, chainmail and don’t forget the glitter boots.
- Forties blue – it’s all about dusky blues, belted coats and wide belts.
- Soft leather – from jackets and boots to trousers and skirts.
- Seeing red – get ready to dress head to toe in the colour of the season.
- Rave on – grab your slogan tees, bold accessories and supersized sweaters.
- That seventies show – checks, fringing, shearling, furs and florals.
- Textures – it’s time for velvets, furs, feathers and all things fluffy.
- Business class – strut in suits and deconstructed blazers and shirts.
For Men –
- Sports luxe – go for zip up track tops or lightweight shell jackets paired with joggers and old school trainers
- Check mate – half untucked is the default style and the lumberjack check is the look to go for
- Earth tones – wear from head to toe, mixing shades and tones for maximum impact
- Brights – lighten up your winter wardrobe with eye catching hues, go for neon orange, acid yellow or electric blue
- Strike a cord – go slim cut and opt for tones of olive green or navy, pair with a leather jacket for that rock and roll edge
- Dressed down tailoring – think looser legged trousers or an oversized coat, but keep the balance by keeping top half layers streamlined
The final outfits that were picked were really on trend and all the models looked amazing, as part of the campaign they currently have lots of offers on around the centre so you to can wear the latest styles too. Find out more at Intu Derby.
It was such a lovely morning meeting some new local bloggers and speaking to the stylists.